Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Well, winter has certainly arrived in the mountains! The roads have been ugly on occasion, and there have been a lot of road wrecks as people forget how to drive in the winter.


But, on the bright side, I have been calculating the amount of time off I can use this winter, and it is looking fairly impressive! I might be on the road by Christmas and not back to work till late MARCH!!! How is that for a nice break? As well, I am thinking of altering my proposed 'normal route' a bit. Usually I drive straight south until it gets warm enough to put water in the camper, etc. That can often be 4-5 days of fairly ugly driving through all kinds of weather conditions before you can relax. This year, however, I am contemplating heading to the coast first, and having relatively warm weather all the way down? There are a few wi-fi 'enhancements' that I would like to pick up in northern California, so that may work out well. If things go as expected, I may be driving all the way to Cabo San Lucas at the southern tip of Baja.


So keeping busy in the meantime organizing Mexican vehicle insurance, medical insurance, and getting all the little details organized. 'George' (see link above right) is back at his winter destination in Santa Rosalia and reports that it is 84F down there now. Hope to meet up with him this year to say hello. Last year we just missed him as he was not home when I was there.



So, refresh your bookmarks, sit back and get ready for another adventure. Remember, you can click on any of the fine advertisers on the page (they pay me!), leave comments, or send me e-mail on the attached link. And for all previous posts, they are still online in the 'archives' section listed along the right hand side. So if you are bored (or envious!) check them out!
See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment