Thursday, April 3, 2008

Well, I promised you some video of the sea otter and it turned our fairly well, considering the distance. Of course, I have had to break out my real video camera finally instead of relying on the video function on my still camera. These guys are hard to spot because they are often among a whole bunch of dark floating sea weed heads. Check it out.

As I try to move as slowly as possible, it is giving me time to stop and smell the roses. Almost literally, but I haven’t seen any roses yet. But there have been plenty of other blooming things to attract my megapixels.



I have taken the time to check out a few hiking trails as well, and it is just great weather here for that; not too hot, not too cool.

I had pulled in to the front of this library to check the e-mail, when I discovered that it was advertised right on the sign in front of me. The 'hotspot' sign.

Here is a neat perspective of the area I am now in at Big Sur. If you can see the date on the waypoint, that is the spot where I stayed on the way south through here about six weeks or so ago.

You may have to click on any of these photos to see a larger version so you can see the details i am talking about, eh!

On one of the trails I was on, there was this historic homesteaders cabin somewhat preserved in the state park.

In this photo, if you squint, you might be able to see where the camper is – across the valley and upper left in the photo. This was taken from the Oak Grove hiking trail in Big Sur State park.

And a photo of the Big Creek bridge where we stopped to enjoy breakfast with a view this morning.

The clover is really really big along some of the trails here.

And the only notable wildlife that I was glad I did not step on. I was climbing up a steep bank at the time, so I came pretty much face to face with him. Although he is a slug, he (or she?) as travelling at the proverbial snails pace.

They had cougar warning signs in the area, but the only one I saw had a collar around his neck, and was kind of an orange tabby colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment