Monday, July 20, 2009

The good weather continues, and the scenic photo ops often prove irressistible - even when I get to see this landscape all year long, and have done so for quite a few years!
This is Castle Mountain, formerly known as Mt Eisenhower. It is half way between Banff and Lake Louise.

Another couple of shots of the Bow Lake area, north of Lake Louise.


Out west in Yoho National Park, the tiger lilies are outdoing themselves.

This group of five was showing off right along the Trans Canada highway. Because road construction in the area results in periods of no traffic followed by huge line-ups, I was able to take my time with these photos, as it was during the brief 'no traffic' period.The day has finally arrived to head north to the Yukon and Alaska!

I thought the day would never arrive. But it did.

Due to different posting techniques and technology limitations, posts during the trip may be somewhat sporadic. But what I hope to do fairly regularly - perhaps even several times a day - is to take a photo with my iPhone and post it directly to the blog with a minimal description.
But, there may well be spells of a few days with no posts made, so I hope it will average out somewhat?
We are headed out today after work and headed for Jasper, where a decision has to be made to follow the Cassiar highway or the Alaska highway on the northbound leg. I suspect it will be the latter.
And hey, don't forget to check out some of the Google advertisements on this blog - they pay me when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment