Saturday, January 7, 2006














Well, I was headed for Page, Arizona, but got somewhat involved in the scenery in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument in the SE corner or Utah. Went on a hike on the Toadstool trail, then checked out an old Clint Eastwood movie set near the old village of Pahrea (Paria). Pretty spectacular scenery to say the least. Had to camp in the most amazing canyon - straight out of the movies! Still cold here (-8) at night(I know, I know Banff was only -4), but it warms up so fast in the morning, and have been driving north through the monument all day with the windows down. Found some wi-fi in tiny Cannonville to see if civilization still exists, before heading back out into the desert somewhere in time to watch the Leafs game on the satellite dish. All the pics are great, but have narrowed it down to a few. Enjoy. I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment