Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A few days ago, as I was headed down into the village intent on a coffee and a newspaper, my friend and neighbor made me a better offer!
He suggested that we take his boat and go for a tour on Lake Minnewanka, near Banff.
I wavered on the decision for about half a second, before agreeing that his was a much better plan than mine.

Before long we were launching his boat, and off on a cruise around the lake!

The boathouse, and the base for the commercial boat tours.

Down toward Devil's Gap at the far end of the lake.


The 'captain' was obviously not enjoying the day!

A couple days later, it was time to head out to the little homestead to cut the grass.
Taking some back roads, we encountered a modern day cattle drive under way.


Harley brought along a 'friend' to help keep the gophers in line.

We had been dog-sitting for a week, so of course, 'Bessie' got to come along too.
With a new set of blades on the mower, short work was made of the mowing.
There were some nice flowers growing out by the fire pit.
So I took a few photos.


Then I mowed them all down!

Next entry: a trip back to Saskatchewan!

No comments:

Post a Comment