Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's amazing where the scenery turns up around here.
I was checking out a report of a serious antifreeze leak from a tour bus in the area and took a few photos of the spill and the bus to document it. Then I noticed the reflection of the mountains in the bus window. You may have to click on the photo to see it full size - like any of the photos in this blog. I thought it was an interesting picture?
More carnage on the highways. This one happened a couple weeks ago, and I got called out to attend.

While it did not compare in overall destruction to a five semi-truck head on crash last January, it was certainly comparable in some categories.

This is one cab totally separated from the truck and frame, with the engine sitting on the ground in front of it. This one featured an engine block, a saddle fuel tank, a set of front wheels, and a cab - all separate from the truck - and each other. If this was skiing, it would be called a 'yard-sale'.

The same cab from the side.

This is the cab from the other truck - and the driver crawled out of here! Yes, that is the cab, still partially attached.As far as I know, everyone survived the wreck. There was also a small car involved, but it just got a relatively minor sideswipe and the passengers walked away.

On a lighter note ...

On my 4 minute commute home the other day, the setting sun was hiding behind Mt. Victoria, backlighting the snow plumes blowing over the top. A minute earlier would have been a better picture :)


Harley and I finally made it out to our wee house in the country, where I managed to avoid most of the work that I should have been doing. Well; someone had to walk down to the river and check out the ice conditions!
Looking back up toward the house.
Harley takes advantage of a leaning set of shelves to get up to his favourite perch!On the way home today, the sun was shining on Castle mountain, formerly known as Mt. Eisenhower. So I did the only thing I could. I took a shot through the front windshield without even slowing down. Such are the sacrifices I make to find some blog content, while I pass time - waiting to get back on the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment