Sunday, December 6, 2009

The last few days have been some fairly hard driving, with few photo ops, or much of interest to blog about! Therefore, I have posted a few more photos from the Evergreen Air and Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon that I took the following morning before departure.

There were some more jets and helicopters sitting outside that I had not previously checked out.
Some pretty cool fighting machines.


There was also this 747 just sitting out in front. Compare it's size to the camper!
The pictures don't do it justice, but it is incredible that these things can fly.


View looking rearward from under the tail with the camper in the background.
Even the landing gear is very impressive, considering that it all folds away in flight.

The entry road is painted like a runway and I had to look twice to make sure I had not strayed onto a runway by mistake.
Back on the road it was out to the coast around Lincoln City, then south.

The weather was mostly good - quite unlike the blizzards reported back in Alberta.
Christmas decorations were being put up in towns along the way.
Jingle Bells!
I spent one night on the coast just north of Sea Lion Caves as it was too early in the day to stop at my usual camping area at Beverley Beach - the best rates around.

Then I spent a night on a road out of Willits, but woke up to temps below freezing. Fueling up in Willits was no problem, as the Safeway pump seemed to recognize both my Safeway card and my credit card, no Zip code hassle here.
Filled up again south of Fresno, but had to play the game here, but at least did not have to prepay.

Here's a question for all you California travelers: At numerous locations down here, usually near an overpass or interchange, there are signs announcing the beginning and end of 'Landscaping'!
Whatever are these signs for? While not meaning to insult the horticulturalists, why do I care, and what is so important about these locations?

So, as you can see by the map, we have made it to Bakersfield, and are on the lookout for Dwight Yoakam - Walking the Streets. If you are not a country music fan, you won't get this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment