Sunday, March 12, 2006






I was robbed! It happened early one morning while I was still sleeping. A cat burglar was roaming the house. I stirred awake to see him enter the bedroom and approach me. Suddenly, he leapt up and planted his 18 pounds of fur on my pillow. Then the dull roar of purring started, then the flexing and stretching. Before I knew it, I was pushed right off the pillow by this interloper. Some things never change, home or away.
There are, however. some advantages and disadvantages to being at home. On the plus side is my hot tub, which survived and stayed hot outside in the snowbank, through some efforts of my friends and neighbors. Then there is a 'real' stereo system that cranks out that country music on the big sub-woofer, high speed internet that I do not have to search out down the beach (not sure if that is a 'pro'), the waiting overtime checks from a lucrative December, and of course, my $400 Ralph Bucks cheque. Hockey and Wild Bill's, too.
On the down side, it is cold, the snow is deep, there is an armful of mail to sort through, and magazines to add to the piles already on my coffee table from (what year is this?) way back. There are alarm clocks, and actually having to show up at work, income tax, gas prices to choke a horse, and wondering if I will have to shovel snow off the camper roof at some point.
But, before too long, the snow will go, my horses will come back, and the scenery will start looking more like the attached pictures.
Still working on the pelican video, but there is not much free time when you factor in work, Wild Bill's, cat burglars, and income tax.
Anybody who is not if favour of global warming can send it all this way. Next time, I hope for some palm trees on the shore of Moraine Lake!

2 comments: