Tuesday, March 7, 2006




Light rain falling along the Trans Canada highway over Roger's Pass, but we had a fresh double-double from the shiny new Tim Horton's in Revelstoke, and some good tunes on the FM modulator. Looked like about 2m of snow at the summit, but it is definately starting to settle. Truck and camper got dirty from the spray in the Golden area, but the rain then turned to snow, but did not start to stick to the road until the spiral tunnels on the CPR mainline in Yoho National Park. This is very familiar home territory, and we pulled into the plowed driveway before 7PM. The good news is that the lawn does not appear to need mowing. If it does, I will have to dig down 2 feet to find the mower anyway. Unloaded most of the gear, but did not want to shock my bike or the beach chairs, so left them in the back seat of the truck for now.
I think Harley was glad to have a little more room to roam, but got upset when I would not put on his snowshoes so he could go outside. And he wonders where all the sea gulls and geckos are. The recliner chair IS pretty comfy though, with or without the driver keeping it warm. Off to face to post office next to see if I missed paying many bills - AND get my $400. "Ralph" cheque! If you don't know what a "Ralph" cheque is, or did not get one, you should move to Alberta.

PS: Don't know what ads you are seeing, but mine shows a good deal on a home on Whidbey Island for a mere $950,000. Spare change for Bill Gates, but I'll have to save my allowance for a while for that shack.

2 comments:

  1. here in Georgia we got recliner ads-plus a florist in Oak Harbor--?glad you are back safely--I've certainly enjoyed the ride so to say--sorry it's over for this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. here in Georgia we got recliner ads-plus a florist in Oak Harbor--?glad you are back safely--I've certainly enjoyed the ride so to say--sorry it's over for this year

    ReplyDelete