Thursday, December 18, 2008



Update on my December 7th post.

The bear story that hit the media as a result of the photos I posted on the blog has only gotten bigger!

At least two of the photos first featured on this blog were featured on a CFCN TV Calgary news story tonight.
Click on the link below to see the story.





Or look at this CTV Link.

I have been hoping to encounter a group of wolves in the area recently, but the best I could come up with was some tracks that were almost warm!
I found these tracks of a group of at least four wolves patrolling the roadside looking for a meal.
Fortunately the 'carnage' department has been quiet. There was a call regarding a head-on collision between a car and a semi-trailer - which is usually not a good thing.

But in this case the truck was moving slowly up a steep hill when the car allegedly lost control and crashed into it. The truck's bumper was barely bent, but the rental car did not fare so well. No injuries were reported.

I have been religiously following the travel blogs of Tioga and George, the RV-Dreams Journal,
Len's Travels, and many others, wishing I was on the road with them, or at least somewhere warm.

Hopefully, developments on the home front this week will enable me to start marking some dates on the calendar when Harley and I can flee the cold and finally get back on the road by February or March at the latest :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment