Wednesday, March 7, 2007
















Someone (turns out to be a couple from Quebec, whom I met the next morning down the road) had taken my favourite camp spot in the Ragged Point area, just north of the Hearst Castle. But I figured I could share, and as there wasn't much else handy, I pulled in behind them to await the mornings view to unfold. As it inevitably did.
Further up the coast where I wanted to eat breakfast and someone else wanted to get out and eat some green grass, we stopped and I was lucky enough to spot a sea otter playing in the water below. There were also a few elephant seals on rocks in the area, lifting their tails and flippers whenever a wave would come. As a sea mammal, you wouldn't want to get wet, after all! Or maybe they were just waving (ha ha ha)? No photos of course, as they would just be too small to see. Sea?














California Highway #1 along the coast is always falling into the sea and suffering washouts, slumps and landslides, so there are always numerous sections being shored up and repaired to fail again another day. This trip was no exception as the equipment on the road shows.



Click on the map image to show our roadside camping spot or click HERE and it links to an online version that you can manipulate, or change from satellite image to map.















It's getting so I don't know the 'new' readers from the returning ones, but once again we have had vistors from
Beijing, China,
Lisboa Portugal,
and Montgomery, Alberta!

Where the heck is MONTGOMERY, Alberta? And I'm not sure if I mentioned the visit from Daqing, Heilongjiang, China a few days ago.


Yikes! this is getting scary. Just while I have been typing this last little bit (like 5 minutes) we have had new visitors from get this:
Trk, Burdur, Turkey
Bruay-sur-l'Escaut, Nord-Pas-de-...France
somewhere in the UK,
and Qingyang, Fujian, China.

I had time to spare, so click on the links above to see where these visitors logged on from. Cool!

Google Earth had no idea where Montgomery, Alberta was, but Google search showed that it was basically in the city of Calgary? Who would have known? Thought maybe a new town had sprung up near Bearberry! And I DO know where that is!

I'd better sign off before we start getting hits from Uzbekistan or Timbucktoo. Later.

STOP THE PRESSES. AGAIN!

Juat had a hit from Dusseldorf , Germany! Looks like they were in the airport!!!!
Check the link, see what you think/

No comments:

Post a Comment