Friday, March 9, 2007















We were driving too fast on this one section of road in the Redwoods area and we pulled over by these two cops obviously running radar on the side of the road. Harley didn't think a ticket was justified, or perhaps he thought he could report me for not feeding him more than twice the night before, but anyway, before I knew it he was out there walking all over them!














On the front fender of the car were the words "To Serve and Protect". Isn't that a Canadian thing? From the TV show? Anyway, there it was.







Sometimes, Google Earth gets it's wires crossed just a bit and puts things on the earth - where they aren't! I spotted one of these in North-west Calgary, where the roads were several hundred meters out where two images joined. (I can't find it today, so perhaps they fixed it after I told them :-)

Anyway, in preparation fror driving into San Francisco and the Golden Gate, I was scanning for likely routes (and getting them safely to GE's cache on my laptop) when I spotted an obvious error! There was a freeway directly across the fairway of a golf course (check it out at: 37.793757,-122.469568 ) (You must have the 'roads' layer selected to see the road location)

It was not till I zoomed in really closely, that I realized the road goes into a tunnel UNDER the golf course!













So it should not have been a surprise when I was driving through an area near the bridge looking for the highway, and it was not where it was supposed to be. There was a 'street' there all right, but just a normal residential-type street, not the highway I was looking for! Once again, a tunnel had fooled me.




So, I was thinking next year of doing a house-swap to have somewhere to stay down here. All was going well, till I realized that my place at home has less than 4 wrecked vehicles, and not a single pile of tires, so I clearly would not be in the running with the places I was looking at. So then I decided just to rent a place and have it down the the three best contenders. But I need your input in picking which I should try to get!

Here they are:

No comments:

Post a Comment