Sunday, February 4, 2007




Whale (ha ha ha), it is about time to get back on the road again. We've been at this fabulous beach now for just over a week, and just think of all the money we have saved on camping fees, gas, you name it!
It's been great. The whales seem to have moved a bit further off-shore in the last day or two, or maybe they just don't like the sound of the breakers.
Another cruise ship went by a day or two ago, and this morning it looked like a trawler going by to the north. Other than those, and a few kayaks close to shore, the whales have had most of the ocean to themselves.
Did a bit more body surfing yesterday and am happy to report continued survival.

I think I mentioned the big pot-luck and the hole-in-one golf tournament at the campsite? Well, I now have pictures, as well as some scenic shots from the north end of Playa Los Cerritos. I guess I should mention that golf here does not end just because it is dark! Also, when driving out of camp this morning, I had to dodge golfers as the road crosses the 'fairway' or more correctly, the fairway crosses the road. I was told that as long as I left the windows down on both sides so the balls could pass through, it would be OK!

Met another BC (where else) camper I had met up at Tecolote earlier and I think the Williams Lake camper was at Santispac when I was there. It's amazing who you run into down here.
Also talked to a kite-boarder from Calgary, who is also a paraglider pilot, so we knew some of the same crowd.





I've got a good deal on a fixer-upper VW van. Cheap today. Almost free, as they say on the beaches with vendors (none here).



Wow, new reader from Hunan Fujian, China! Wonder if they understand English.

Hey, check out some of the advertisements on the site, my revenues are slowing in the first quarter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment