Saturday, January 30, 2010

I found a bunch of photos on the 'cutting room floor' that I thought deserved some attention.
So here are some of them, not necessarily in chronological order.
Early morning sushine on the highway. What a day to be out here!

I found myself a small backroad to explore as I left Willits, Oregon.
The first half of the road was paved and winding and led to a lot of houses, farms and ranches.
But then it got interesting!


Narrow (very narrow in places), water covered,
one laned,
clinging to hillsides above creeks and little bridges,
under overhanging canopy of branches, in some places almost dark.
There were a few residents along the road, watching the silly tourist.
Till eventually the little track leads back down the to the main highway.
And then into the Redwoods National and State Parks.
Where the trees are tall and the sunlight barely finds it's way through. Same thing for satellite radio signals, tho Sirius is way better than XM for that I have found.
Then, on the way out to my oceanfront camping spot, there was a goat on a 'goat house'.
And some cows lining up for the evening milking time.
And, some more water on the trail!

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures..... you may miss some of those interesting roads if you bring a bigger rig !

    I would love to get over to see the coast ! someday mabe....

    hope your border crossing goes well...
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures..... you may miss some of those interesting roads if you bring a bigger rig !

    I would love to get over to see the coast ! someday mabe....

    hope your border crossing goes well...
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pictures. Love the authentic "goat" house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures - I'll look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete