Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Overdue update!

It's been a few days since I have updated the blog. From the Eureka
area where I last posted, I moved over to the I-5, where there is not
too much for the camera, or the blog.
But, I was able to put on the miles, and spent a night (with lots of
other RV's) at Walmart in Bakersfield. I also picked up some small
parts and supplies at an RV dealer along the way - which will help to
make the rig more convenient.
From there, the route took me further east, eventually heading out
into the wide open spaces of the Mojave National Preserve. Wow,
beautiful desert area, complete with sand dunes. It does not however,
come with wi-fi (!) and in the past I would have been completely out
of touch, but now that Roger's finally offers a decent data plan for
the US, at least I have iPhone contact. But the signal is marginal,
so no photos will be sent from here.
But I do have some good (?) photos of a Desert night lizard, and lots
of scenic shots to post as soon as I am able.
I think my new satellite Internet setup is 'in the mail', so regular
Internet acces should not be a problem in the future?
When I pulled in here yesterday , there were three other hard-side
rigs, and three sets of tenters, but last night I was the only one -
campfire and all. It was quiet enough to even satisfy Al, from the
Bayfield Bunch!

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. What satellite internet company did you go with?

    Rojo
    drop by and visit me at:
    http://rojos-ramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear things are going well on your travels Ivan. Will look forward to the pictures. Are you picking your system up somewhere along the way? The area we are in is so scenic. Have you been up this way? Superstition Mountain/ Tonto area?
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear things are going well on your travels Ivan. Will look forward to the pictures. Are you picking your system up somewhere along the way? The area we are in is so scenic. Have you been up this way? Superstition Mountain/ Tonto area?
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete