Saturday, February 11, 2006





Hello Bloggettes! Is that what you call blog readers? Well, just another amazing day in paradise at Juncalito Beach, Baja Sur. Took a little stroll down the beach this morning with my laptop and stool, and what do you think I found? Wi-Fi extraordinaire! So I sat on my little stool with the pelicans diving into the surf just in front of me, while checking the mail, and the (lousy Leafs) scores. The pelicans had a different technique in the morning. Last evening they were well off shore and were doing their amazing dive attacks from 20-30 feet up - usually the whole squadron in unison. This morning they are in twos and threes and only just off shore. They take off, fly up only to 5 or 6 feet above the water, and crash back into it - always together. Then they come up and make swallowing motions, but I suspect some are faking it - they just don't want to admit that they missed that one! And I think most have them have forgotten how to 'land' on the water properly. Why bother when you can just crash and pretend you were after a big fish?
Pic of sunset taken just minutes ago for your viewing pleasure - complete with full moon and requisite pelican silhouette.
I hiked down the beach the other way afterwards and came across another sheltered cove full of fancy sailboats. Didn't see yours there, Gord.
And since it was a breezy day again the vultures were putting on a great soaring demonstration. One even showed that he could scratch his itchy neck while staying in the thermal. (Wow, look at the moon shining off the water now - out the back door of the camper)
Fired up the generator for a little while to power all the toys, but can't hear it because of the surf. Got invited to at least two happy hours yesterday, as I was still pulling in to the campground, and attended movie night at a 5th wheel just down the beach. Lots of BC and Albertans here, so we keep the rivalry going. There was a brief skirmish tonight as we all pulled out our sat dishes in order to get the hockey game, but alas, we all had Bell Expressvu which does not work this far south. Dang. But, being online as I type, I can see that the Leafs lost again to the Rangers. Another first today! Today is the first day on this trip that I have heard roosters crow in the morning! Also another first today - kicked Harley out the door into the sand, only to discover that I had forgotten to attach him to the leash. He was next door, investigating the neighbours camper! He is a hit with all the people here who all have to come over and visit with him and hear all his complaints.
And get crackin' clickin on the adverts on my blog. I'm approaching $5.US income from them.
I guess I should mention some big companies like Google, Microsoft, General Motors, Banff Springs Hotel, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, cat food, dish soap. There, lets see what effect (if any) that has on the adds that show up. Have a good one. Keep your stick on the ice. That goes double for you Toronto Maple Leafs.

No comments:

Post a Comment