Monday, February 20, 2006







Rain in Mexico? Who would have guessed? Well, it was raining this morning, so I decided to carry on northbound, but got a nice picture of a rainbow at my campspot.
As you go north towards the border the obvious Americanization continues. In Ensenada there were Burger Kings, McDonalds, Autozone, Ace Hardware and Costco stores as well as many more. There were still lots of scenes with deplorable living conditions along the roadside and I managed to photograph a few - without people.
Found the long line-up for the border crossing at Tecate, and spent the hour in line doing 'homework'. You know, updating my spreadsheet of expenses, camping locations and the like. Yanked all the questionable vegetables and fruit from my fridge and carried it in the front for easy seizure should it be required, and ate all that I could. Harley plied his charm on the lady customs agent (who did take my tomato, potato and orange), and never got asked any questions on anything. As I was driving away smugly, with all my coloured guns and Mexican milk, I heard her yell to her cohort about 'that big cat'!

No comments:

Post a Comment