Wednesday, February 15, 2006

We had a little bit of excitement last night! I had been advised by fellow campers that persons unknown were frequenting the beach at night, testing doors of vehicles and RV rigs, and a number of items had gone missing. My neighbors from California were glad to see me move in as it provided some eyes and ears on the other side of their rig. They had lost some small items previously. I was a little slow off the draw when I heard the horn honking down the beach - I thought someone had just triggered their alarm by accident. When I started to see flashlights and hear voices all over, I finally decided that it might be worth investigating? The two guys managed to disappear into the bushes up a steep bank toward the road, or somewhere. None of the Mexican dogs were much help (!) in rousting them out, but the 463 boulders we hurled into those bushes may have given the cuprits cause to want to come out and face the loaded spear-gun, the mace, the pepper spray and the like? Never caught anyone (and never heard any dull thuds from the rocks, either), but hopefully that beach will get a reputation of one where crooks are not welcome!
Just did a good deed a few minutes ago here in Santa Rosalia where we stopped to enjoy the view and the wi-fi. A couple of young folks were going by and the young dude was harassing the young girl he was with (possibly a girlfriend?). She clearly was not enjoying it and was not being given much of an opportunity to leave, so I promptly sent the patrolling Policia to check it out.

Headed back northward and may spend tonight back on the Pacific coast near Guererro Negro where I stopped on the way down? Then perhaps to Bahia de Los Angeles on the gulf coast again? It is a reportedly nice are, with sea turtles (?) that I missed on the way south.
Well, don't freeze in the cold!
27.34359n 112.26966w
Mileage so far: 8066Km 5041 miles
Cat food: bag 2
Cat litter: box 2 (on deck)
Beer: quite a few
Sunburn: rated at 'considerable' on the upper slopes
Skiing conditions: who cares!
Photos lost (so far): 1.5 days :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment