Sunday, February 12, 2006






Save the whale! We have pilot (?) whale that just beached itself on the beach a couple hundred meters away. It created quite a crowd right away, but after several successful attempts to push it back into deeper water, it appears that it is either too weak or sick to swim and keeps letting itself get washed up on the beach. Even as I write, I can see campers and people from the village trying again, but I don't think it will meet with success, unfortunately. At least the tide is coming in at present, so it won't be left high and dry immediately, but I suspect it may still be there in the morning, when the hot sun comes out. I'm told that the locals have called the 'game warden' equivalent, so at least someone who knows about whales can do what's best?
Other than that, a pretty quiet day. Sun, surf and wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment