Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Stats as of Jan 8/2007: Days on road - 18
Total distance: 3879 km
Longest day: 484 Jan 3rd Pismo Beach area to desert Hot Springs
Shortest day: 0 (x4)
Average Mileage: 13.81 mpg
US Gas prices - High $2.85/gal Bellingham, Wa
Lowest $2.60/gal Various Arizona locations.

My phone just sent me a text message saying 'Welcome to Mexico', even though we are not in Mexico yet! I guess it has heard our plans?

This picture may look like it was taken south of the line, but we are still in southern California, paralleling the boundary.
I thought I had found a good place to get rid of the big , freeloading cat. But then I remembered that I had just bought two expensive bags of cat food, and some cat treats, ... and a new cat brush. Guess I will keep him till the food runs out?









Found a nice campsite on a mountain road high above Palm Springs for the night before last.

1 comment:

  1. is Harley on a lease? my pictures are too small to tell--or does he come when you call?

    ReplyDelete